For this user experience evaluation I did not have to spend much time before reaching for the FAIL button and then the Stamp of Approval button.
From the User Experience, which one passes with flying colors and which one immediately fails? Take a look for yourself.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Which home page is better for the User Experience?
- If you own Blogger.com (Google) is it easy to get your legions of bloggers to login and use the service?
- If you own WordPress.com (WordPress) is it easy to get your legions of bloggers to login and use the service?
- Do I need to “think” on how to login using Blogger?
- Where is the link to login and start using WordPress.com?
- (Not shown) but WordPress does not offer a login portal for the majority of their pages. Why? (User Experience tip: One you find it for your account BOOKMARK IT).
To make this a good user experience the following considerations should be made.
- A login field/button
- A bookmark/call to action button (on both sites)
- Sub-pages to have call to action buttons to bookmark the login page
Massive User Experience FAIL for WordPress.